Monday, July 6, 2009

Muscle and Fat

fat vs. muscle
What a great visual! As part of this journey, my goal is to get back to pre-back surgery weight and strength. I plan to trade in the equivalent of two of these 5-lb fat globs for two 5-lb muscle chunks. And to get rid of one 5-lb fat glob all together. Tragic that we can gain fat cells but can never actually get rid of them. Anyway, this is one strategy I have to become a better climber. And fit into my clothes.

I'm going to get back to tracking nutrition, exercise and measurements on SparkPeople.com. The site has an amazing amount of functionality for the price...FREE! Seems like the guy who started it, Chris Downie, is a seriously good egg...motivated by a desire to help people reach their health goals. Thanks, Chris!

No comments:

Post a Comment